Owning your home can bring great pride and joy throughout your life. With the satisfactions and joys of ownership come the (sometimes daunting) responsibilities of maintaining the home. Are you keeping up on your home maintenance? Are you unsure of what to maintain, how to do it properly or when?
Proper maintenance ensures your home’s comfort, value retention and most of all safety!
Most big home repair issues start out as small original construction flaws, oversights or items that have simply been neglected over time. Our maintenance inspection can find the small things and prioritize them so they can be handled before becoming a more expensive issue down the road. Many home owners aren’t aware of many basic home maintenance tasks that should be kept up with. Fixing a leaky gutter before foundation decay; Repairing a door seal before the subfloor rots; or Capping a brick chimney to prevent a rusty heating system flue are all examples of typical recommendations we make throughout our Owner Maintenance Inspections.
Other common home maintenance issues commonly overlooked include:
- Damaged Gutters
- Poor or Faulty Electrical Wiring
- Sinking Driveways and Deteriorated Walkways
- Basement Water Seepage
- Poor Lot Drainage or Surface Water Control
- Unsafe Heating System Configurations
- Leaky Doors and Windows
- Faulty or Leaking Fixtures or Toilets
- Foundation Cracks
Your Owner Maintenance Inspection Will Include:
- A digital report with color pictures you can to refer back to at any time
- A review of all mechanical systems and features of your home as well as how they operate.
- Seasonal maintenance tips
- A prioritization of the recommended maintenance and repair items noted
The opportunity to go over any and all home concerns, possible safety issues and answer any and all of your questions in person. We are an unbiased source of information and only recommend repairs/improvements. We do not perform the repairs.